For this tag I actually made a video because I was tagged by Fiercely Demure on YouTube. Since the camera that I have to make videos on is a seriously old dinosaur, I thought I'd also do this as a blog post so that I could put up some clear pictures of the things I'm talking about. Basically this is just a list of beauty products that I can't** live without. I talked about some of these products in my Everyday Makeup Routine post that I wrote a couple of months ago. The repeats are clearly things I love and use all of the time. :)
1. Primer: I don't currently do this. I'm lazy.
2. Foundation: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Classic Ivory
3. Bronzer: I don't do this. I think I'd look ridiculous if I put on bronzer. I'd rather just go with my pale skin and leave it at that.
4. Blush: Wet n Wild blusher in Heather Silk
5. Highlight: I don't really do this, either.
6. Concealer: (see Foundation picture above) Maybelline in the color Fair
7. Powder: Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Presed Setting Powder. It's just a matte translucent shine control powder. This is kind of expensive but I bought it to use for my wedding. If I ever run through it I might buy it again. It is legit amazing.
8. Brows: Up until recently my answer would be tweezers but I've really been working on letting them grow out over the past year. After 2o years of plucking it's been quite the annoying and long process. Right now I just use a combo of two colors from the Urban Decay Naked Palette: Naked and Buck.
9. Eyeshadow: If I can only pick one I'll pick the Almay intense i-color shimmer-i kit for blue eyes.
10. Eyeliner: Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx
11. Mascara: My current favorite is Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express in Classic Black. I always use the waterproof formula.
12. Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in the color Pink Me Up
13. Lipgloss: NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Applelicious Pink
14. Brushes: Once in a while I add a new brush to my collection so it's a totally random mix. But I think my favorites are a travel set of brushes from Sephora. They have metallic green handles and are super soft.
**Please note: I really like wearing makeup but I also really like not wearing makeup. I can actually live without any and all of these products and I often do. I'll say this for the benefit of any younger girls who might be reading this: makeup is fun and totally allowed but if you feel like you have to wear it then that's a sign that you need to take a break from it. Also, if you start plucking your eyebrows when you are 11 you'll probably get really good at it and they'll look great. But you don't know how you'll feel after a couple of decades and you might decide that you don't really want to spend very much of your time on eyebrow grooming anymore. Then you're going to be really irritated that your 11-year-old self removed a large amount of your eyebrows. Maybe just get the stray hairs in the middle and leave it at that. }:)
Here's the video if you'd like to check it out!